Educators On Call is the provider of Substitute Arts Instructors for Leaders of Tomorrow Youth Center Conservatory Program (LTYC). The program offers arts instruction and training to elementary through middle school students in the Baltimore City Public Schools as well as schools in PG, DC and Montgomery counties. Classes in music (vocal and instrumental), dance, theater, musical theater, and visual arts are offered.
Substitute Arts Instructors must have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or a minimum of 45 college credits, in the preferred content area
- Maryland teaching certification (preferred, not required)
- A minimum of 2 years of instructional experience.
- Demonstrate competency in the areas of lesson planning, behavior & classroom management, and communication skills.
How To Apply:
- Send an email to Documents@educatorsoncall.org with the following:
- Cover letter explaining why your skills & experience best fits this position
- Copy of most updated resume sent to (PDF or Word format)
- Online Application
- Be sure to provide an email address for three professional references on your application. EOC requires at least two professional reference recommendations prior to making a final hiring decision.
- Virtual Introductory Interview
After careful review an E.O. C. representative will contact you to schedule a phone interview, if we determine you would make a good fit for the position.
After an interview is completed, all three references are sent an email requesting feedback. Once reference feedback is reviewed a final hiring decision is made.
After a hiring decision is made all the following documents must be submitted to finalize employment.
- Signed Offer Letter of employment.
- Complete Shield the Vulnerable training and submit completion certificates
- Background check form for Imagine Schools (this school conducts their own background check in addition to the CJIS clearances you will submit)
- Department of Education Background check: CJIS state, federal, and child care clearances
- Completed 365 Request Form
- Proof of education: Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or a minimum of 45 college credits
- Letter from physician: stating candidate is in good health (no communicable diseases, including a negative TB test result)
- Proof of CPR and First Aid certifications (preferred, not required)
- Two (2) valid forms of identification: Driver's License, State Issued Photo ID, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Passport
- A permanent email address (that will not expire, such as a college or university address)
- Payroll documents
- Headshot photo for employee ID
- In color
- File formats: JPG or PNG
- Can be taken with a digital camera or cell phone
- Your head and shoulders must be centered
- Photo must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background